Asphalt Paving in Fort Worth
With 25 years specializing in driveway paving, asphalt paving and chip sealing, AP Blacktop Service has been providing the best for our Fort Worth clients for every one of those years. Family owned and operated, you can be sure we’ll treat you like one of our own, and provide free quotes and expert service for the highest quality residential or commercial paving around!
Built on a foundation as solid as our paving, we focus on efficient, cost-effective and high-quality work with special attention paid to customer service. We pride ourselves on our steady stream of satisfied clients, and strive to only get better as the years go on.
The Asphalt Advantage
With the variety of paving options available from companies in Fort Worth, it’s important to note the many important advantages of the classic, tried and true asphalt.
With low initial setup costs and a long lifespan, asphalt is your best bet for cost-effectiveness. It’s also fast to install, so you’ll be paying a smaller hourly rate. At AP Blacktop Service, we love how quick and easy asphalt is to use!
While asphalt is quick and easy to install, the amount of time it takes relies on factors such as if there’s an existing driveway to tear out first, and how long it takes to prep the site afterwards. But generally, you’re only looking at two days for the completion of a driveway, and one day if we’re starting from scratch!
At AP Blacktop Service, we can mix asphalt to be the right solution for any project. Due to its versatility, you won’t have to worry about any weather conditions such as heavy rain or snow. The grip will remain solid for your car, and feet.
While asphalt can crack due to its smooth surface, it is otherwise very durable. After all, it is what’s used on highways that have constant traffic flowing over it.
Asphalt can crack, but if it’s re-sealed every two to five years that won’t be a major concern.
Asphalt is 100% reusable, making asphalt paving sustainable. If you choose, you can create pavement from almost 100% reclaimed asphalt! This lowers energy costs and CO2 emissions by quite a bit. Producing asphalt is also a clean process and uses machinery that does not harm the environment.
Other benefits to asphalt include noise reduction and for longer driveways, a smooth and comfortable ride.
Nine Things You Never Knew About Asphalt
As specialists in asphalt paving in Fort Worth, it’s perhaps no surprise that we at AP Blacktop Service know a lot about it. However, just because we’re obsessed doesn’t mean that you share the same passion for this paving material. The simple fact of the matter is that while asphalt may not be regarded as one of the most exciting conversation starters at a party or informal occasion, the reality is that it is actually pretty neat. With that in mind, here are nice interesting tidbits that you may not know about asphalt:
- Many people don’t know this, but asphalt is at the forefront of recycling and recent research from the National Asphalt Pavement Association shows that it is being recycled and reused at a rate of over 99%, making it America’s most recycled product. In 2010, the recycling of asphalt shingles meant that 20.5 million barrels of asphalt binder were conserved. And the less asphalt we have to create, the better it is for new roads as well as the environment.
- Although most people know that asphalt is what our roads are built on, the reality is that very few people in Fort Worth know that in the United States alone, there are over 22.7 million miles of paved roads. Of this total figure, 94% are paved with asphalt, including 65% of all highways that our cars drive on each and every day.
- As one of the oldest paving materials around, it is no surprise to learn that asphalt has been around for hundreds of years. In fact, asphalt can be traced back to Roman times and has been used to pave roads for almost two hundred years, with the first time being on the famous, and utterly beautiful, Champs-Elysees in Paris. Interestingly, the initial asphalt roads were designed by the creation of asphalt bricks.
- Another curious piece of information about asphalt is that it gets its name from the black, sticky liquid that is often used as a binding agent to hold the substance together. This liquid is also known as bitumen. To achieve optimal results asphalt is often mixed with mineral aggregate and then laid and compacted on a subgrade of crushed stones, which creates the hard surface that we walk on and drive upon today.
- Compared to other similar paving materials, asphalt is extremely durable and long-lasting. Research shows that in the first 75% of its life, asphalt will, at most, suffer only 40% depreciation. This means that asphalt holds and maintains its quality for the vast majority of its life. On top of that, it is also easier to extend the life of asphalt by doing preventative maintenance work during the later stages of its lifespan. This advantage, coupled with the others mentioned above, shows clearly why asphalt is such a great paving material. So, if you need a road, driveway or parking lot paved in the Fort Worth are then leave it to the team you can rely on: AP Blacktop Service.
- You walk on it every day, but have you ever stopped to think how many miles of pavement there actually are in the United States? While this might not be a question that you think about very often, you might be surprised to learn that if you were to make a guess within the region of 2.4 million miles, then you’d be pretty close to the right answer. However, of this total amount it is important to remember that about 95% of all pavement in the United States is made from asphalt and it’s very easy to see why. As one of the strongest, most sustainable and affordable pavement materials in modern-day society it makes sense that municipal and federal governments across the country opt for this reliable option when designing pavements in our towns and cities.
- With asphalt on our streets, rural roads and inter-state highways, you can be guaranteed of one thing: smoother surfaces. And the one thing that smoother surfaces can do is improve your annual fuel consumption. It turns out that asphalt is not only a great idea for federal, state and municipal governments that are looking to spend less money on repairs and servicing, it also provides great benefits for everyday road users like you and me. Recent research by the United States Department of Transportation shows that a properly laid, smooth and well-graded asphalt street, road or highway can boost efficiency by almost 5%, which means that a country like the U.S. can reduce their total annual fuel consumption by around 7 billion gallons. To put this in context, this is the same as taking approximately 10 million cars off our roads every single year. When impressive numbers like this are multiplied across a large time-frame and bigger scale, you can rest assured that real and considerable savings can be made for you as an individual as well as the driving community more broadly.
- Another major unique selling point to asphalt is that not only is it quiet and smooth, it is also extremely safe. Asphalt has strong gripping power, meaning that it gives vehicles greater traction in all driving situations. This means fewer accidents, more safety and an overall better drive for all road-users, and at the end of the day this is something that all motorists should be happy about.
- Finally, one of the great things about asphalt is that is continually overlooked in comparison to other more well-known types of road materials. The fact that asphalt is such an effective, yet unremarkable road material is what makes it great. The widespread and highly effective usage of asphalt means that it is a material that will not be beaten for price, quality or convenience. And if you want to experience the joys that asphalt can bring to your Fort Worth home first-hand, then all you need to do is contact Asphalt Paving Co. today and allow our skilled and dedicated team get to work for you.
Leaders in Asphalt Paving
Asphalt paving is a great option, and when it comes to evaluating asphalt companies, you’ll find AP Blacktop Service at the top of the list.
Our 25 years in the industry has provided us with the knowledge and experience needed to excel at any job, and with an extra level of care and passion, our team produces flawless results every time.
Asphalt has many advantages as a material and, with proper sealcoating, will last you for many, many years.
Make sure your paving job is completed properly and efficiently. Call AP Blacktop Service today!
If you would like to know more about us or have any questions about our paving services, please give us a call or send us an email. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Contact Asphalt Paving Co For A Free Quote